Älmhult, Sweden / Full-time
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduces 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
The Material and Innovation Developer will lead the development of new materials and technologies, creating the foundation for an outstanding IKEA range, fulfilling all aspects of IKEA Democratic Design; meaning quality, function, form, affordability and sustainability. Are you up for this exciting challenge? Then read on!
Let’s make things better
With the task to capture the opportunities of a changing world, New Business & Innovation explores 2030 and beyond. We are here to explore the big problems in everyday life, for the planet and society, creating solutions relevant for the many people. We are curious, eager to step into the unknown and believe in co-creating across borders. We are here to collaborate and challenge known truths in a world of ideas and technology. With the IKEA vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people - as a starting point, and without limitations to products, we focus on creating capabilities and solutions that are relevant in the life at home today and tomorrow. Our circular vision includes taking a lead in developing products based on renewable materials and ensuring that our products are easy to reuse & recycle.
About the job
In this role you will be a part of the Material & Innovation development department and be our specialist in Metal as the main component. You will be leading innovation projects that are aligned with the Innovation Drivers and fulfilling the identified mid and long term targets, all connected to the development plans. You will be working with external partners to develop, test and validate solutions and at the same time working with EQR (Engineering Quality Requirements) to define requirements for the solutions. You will be deeply involved in setting the development plans as well as be responsible for executing all the way from idea to implementation working together with stake holders.
The key challenge is to identify, evaluate, develop and maintain partnerships and potential new technologies of relevance for home furnishings.
- To identify innovation and business opportunities;
- To lead innovation projects with metal as the main component;
- To develop design and construction and choose the best manufacturing technology to optimize all criteria in Democratic Design;
- To bring knowledge with focus on carbon steel, stainless Steel and aluminum, understanding of material selection and properties.
You have a passion for front end development and for leading radical change. You would like to lead the development and innovation of the material in a global matrix organization. You have the ability to think “out of the box”, but with an analytic and structured approach. You like to connect ideas from different fields and create new solutions. You have the ability to lead resources, without formal authority, in order to reach common goals.
You have experience from leading innovative technical development projects. You have knowledge about market trends, future demands and technologies within own area (Metal). You understand international business, product development processes and the total value chain.
To be successful in this role we see that you have:
- A university degree in engineering;
- Strong engineering background in business - not only theory;
- Deep knowledge in Metals with focus on carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium;
- Extensive experience from strategic development and international business, from preferably several parts of the value chain;
- Knowledge of automation and manufacturing technologies;
- Proven track record from working with development and the experience of working in close cooperation with innovation partners
- A general understanding of how different materials and technologies are connected to costs
- Strong skills as a communicator and influencer – capable of getting ideas and solutions understood by a broader audience.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering working environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. At IKEA we believe that when you as an individual grow - IKEA grows!
If you are interested to apply, please send us your CV and motivational letter in English today.
If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Specialist Johanna Hansson at +46 (0)73 376 1744
This is a permanent position based in Älmhult, an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö, and an IKEA shuttle bus run back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
Interested? Apply here: http://smrtr.io/lktFuQ